8.06.2011

You should run.


Seriously, you should run! Maybe you already do. But are you a part of a running group? I'm a huge advocate of this. There is a running group in Salem that meets out of Gallagher Fitness (http://www.activesalem.com/). They accommodate all types of running levels - beginners, sprinters, marathoners, etc. so no one is left out. I went on a run this morning with 6 people and we ran about 8 miles. On my own there is about zero chance of running 8 miles, but when you can chat and laugh and take some walk breaks with other people it isn't that difficult. I don't even have to mention the health benefit this either - I burned 1200 calories all before 8AM!

What got me thinking about this was when we ran by a gentleman who was probably in his late 60's or early 70's. He was cruising right along at a good clip and smiling all the way. That got me thinking - I want to be running fast when I'm 70. But I want to be doing it with friends.

Have you looked into a running club in your town? It is a great networking tool, a friend-making atmosphere, and a get-your-butt-in-shape thing. Check into it, you will not regret it. Until next time, go buy some Nike's and get running!

No comments: