3.27.2012

I'm a huge dork


I admit it. I completely geeked out on something last week and I'm not ashamed. I'm also not in high school, which is a huge contradiction. But I stood in line for 2 hours, in the cold, at midnight, to watch the world premier of "The Hunger Games". OK, so I wasn't alone. I'm going to throw my wife under the bus on this one to! She came with, almost fell asleep during the first hour (I was riveted) but made it through to the end. I have to say, it was a pretty fun evening. We had a nice dinner with some other friends who came with us (I won't sewer them), bought a nice bottle of wine to share while waiting for the movie, and then hung out with a movie theater full of high schoolers, some dressed in full HG garb. My personal highlight? Started the slow clap as the movie was starting and got the majority of the theater to follow suit!

In other news around the Casebeer world, I am an uncle again! As of 10:30 on Sunday evening, Hammond Rain Casebeer was introduced to the world. Healthy, happy, and presumably hunger, Hammond is now a part of this crazy Casebeer family. Good luck little buddy, it will be a fun ride!

Aside from that, my prego wife is doing great! She's starting a show a little cute bump and claims to have felt little Casebeer last night! I'll verify this evening and report back! Other than that, things are smooth and we can't wait for the gender reveal. My gut feeling is PINK!

Our next big event? Jamie O'Dea's COLLEGE graduation. I met her when she was an 8th grader. Weird.

Until next time, live in the now! Enjoy what you have! And stay hungry, my friends!

No comments: